Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Going Back To Preschool

I can't believe the kids Christmas vacation is about over with. I really enjoyed having them home all of last week. We got to spend a lot of time together at home and at all the holiday dinners. It was a great way for our family to relieve some stress and forget about everything for a while.


However we have spent this week getting our house cleaned up and back in order. Putting up decorations, cleaning out things to make room for all of our new stuff, and just getting things organized. Trying to keep myself busy and not worry about next week until it gets here, but it is so hard not to think about it. After all my only two kids will both be going to school. I still can't get use to both my kids being in school!!! My daughter Graci, will be 6 in January and started Kindergarten back in August. I did not send her to preschool, she has been at home with me since she was ten months old. Christian only went to preschool the first two weeks in December. Now he will start going back on Monday and will go four days a week till school lets out. I am so stressed out, knowing it will take time for him to get use to it again. I really hope he can get adjusted to it very quick so I can get in some kind of routine again during the week.  Plus, the quicker he gets use to it, the quicker he will benefit from it.  


Eating his breakfast on the last day he attended preschool before Christmas break.
Christian leading his big sis to his preschool room.
My goal is to have him go all day four days a week. But for now he arrives at school at 7:30. I stay with him until 8:00 / 8:15 then I leave him and he supposed to stay till 10:00. If he throws one of his fits for longer then 20 minutes, I am then called to go pick him up. His teacher doesn't want him to hate school or see it as a bad place. When she feels he has had enough, she calls me so hopefully he will realized I am not leaving him there forever. The 3rd, 4th and 5th day he went he made it to 10:00 just fine. The last day he went was really hard for him. He did great at breakfast! But not so well when I left him for 30 minutes. But school had been delayed an hour and he hadn't been there for almost a week due to snow. When he starts back on Monday we repeat the same schedule for the first couple of days or the first week, then add time each day or week depending on how he handles it.

Right now while he is at school, I hang around town or stay with my mom where she works. It is to far for me to drive back and forth everyday. Plus some of the days he has been at school, I can't even make it home before being called to get him. Once he makes to a half day I will come back home or clean other people's houses on the days I usually do. Once he is going a full day, I will be going back to work, unless I decided to continue to clean people's houses. I like being my own boss and having a flexible schedule. But we will see what happens.

But for the next few days I am going to enjoy this time with my kids and try to relax as much as possible. Getting up at 4:00 Monday thru Friday is soon approaching along with transitioning a 3 year old into preschool. Ahhh........

No comments:

Post a Comment