Thursday, December 30, 2010

Anniversary Of Christian's Homecoming

It was 3 years ago today that my little man came home from the NICU after being in there for 30 days. I can still remember the Doctor coming in early that morning and telling me the wonderful news that he was able to go home. I was still very sore from having my c-section but I ran down the hallway with tears in my eyes and a big smile on my face. Telling my husband, mother n law, dad, step-mom and grandmother that he was really coming home.  It took the staff most of the day to finish his paper work, do his vaccinations, his circumcision and tie up all the lose ends. But late that afternoon we made our way home and he was welcomed home by his family! My daughter was never allowed in the NICU because of her age and it being the Flu season, so this is the anniversary of the very first time she saw her little brother.

 
Leaving Kosair

Graci and Christian meet for the very first time!


At home in his own bed!

His first day home, New Year's Eve.

The day he came home is just as special to me as the day he was born!

What a difference 3 years can make...........


Sissy and Christian


Mama and Christian

Daddy and Christian

His 3rd birthday Party


Daddy helping him blow out his birthday candles

A big sister that adores her little brother, and who is always there for him!

1 comment: