Monday, December 20, 2010

Hearing Update

Christian went back for his Behavioral Evaluation today. Although he threw some pretty big fits in the sound booth, the Audiologists got all the information they needed for the second time in a role! By the time the hearing test was over, Christian had sweat all over his head. I had sweat so much, my pants and shirt were soaked from holding him down so long and so tight. Needless to say I was hot!  But none the less the left ear is still in the normal range and the right ear is.....well the ear is still there. I guess God just must have put it there for decoration! ha. So, not any change.

We will go back in June for another routine test. Hopefully next time he will tolerate the tympectomy and handle the hear phones over his ears so he can do some of the games. But, thankfully we don't need a sedated ABR.

They recommended speech services while he attends preschool. Have that covered already! They recommended the FM system while he is in preschool. He already has one in his preschool room!

Everything seems to be in place...and going good.

1 comment:

  1. I AM S PROUD OF YOU AND THE ATTENTION THAT YOU GIVEN HIM. GRACI IS ONLY 5 AND SHE HELPS HIM IN SO MANY WAYS AND SHE LOVES HER BROTHER AND WORRIES ABOUT HIM EVEN THOUGH AT TIMES HE GETS ON HER NERVES SOME HOW I DON'T KNOW SHE MANAGES TO PUSH ON. GRACE IS A AMAZING CHILD THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU AND SHE IS A BLESSED CHILD. BEM OH WELL HE DOES THE BEST THAT HE CAN DO SO YOU CAN STAY AT HOME AND TAKE CARE OF CHRISTIAN. I HAD MY DOUBTS ABOUT HIM BUT HE HAS GROWN SO MUCH AND WORKS REAL HARD. I AM SO VERY PROUD THAT HE HAS GROWN UP AND PROVIDES FOR HIS FAMILY HE HAS WENT BEYOND WHAT HE STARTED OUT AS!!! I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU GUYS, YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU WANT BUT GOD HAS PROVIDED YOU ALL WITH WHAT YOU NEED AND I FIRMLY BETWEEN GOOD THINGS COMES TO THOSE WHO WAITS!! PROUD OF YOU ALL!!! LOVE MOM AND PAPI RODNEY!!!

    ReplyDelete