Monday, January 17, 2011

Newborn Hearing Screening

I have recently been obsessed with researching Christian's type of hearing loss and other issues. Well ok, I have always been obsessed but anyway... I found this video on youtube and was shocked when I saw Christian's ENT (Dr. Eavey) featured on it and just wanted to share :) This video is before he came to the Wilkerson Center at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
I also just wanted to show the importance on the Newborn Hearing Screening. I am thankful this test is mandatory in the state of Kentucky and I think it should be in every state! To the best of my knowledge only 36 states and the District of Columbia only mandate this screening. If Christian hadn't of had this hearing screening done, we might not of ever known he had any type of hearing loss. Most children aren't diagnosed with hearing loss until they have done a hearing screening for school. Although I don't like the fact Christian has hearing loss, I am glad he was diagnosed as early as he was and has been able to get early intervention to help with his speech delay.





No comments:

Post a Comment