Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So Proud Of My BIG Boy!

Today was a pretty big day for Mr. Christian because he stayed a WHOLE day at school! I dropped him off at 7:25 (he didn't cry or have a meltdown after I left) and he stayed till 1:30.  This is pretty incredible considering he has only attended 13 days since December 2nd, due to the snow and Holidays.  From here on out I expect him to stay all day, Monday Thur Thursday, unless school is not in session for weather, Holidays, and break of course. I will still transport him to and from school at this point, I don't want to mess up a good thing. I MAY consider him riding the bus when this weather gets better and we can get in a good routine with going to school, but don't hold me to that. Graci likes sleeping in an hour later and getting to walk her Bubby to class and he likes walking with her to her classroom. I let them take turns everyday they go.

Teacher says that he has shown great improvement since he started. Eating, playing, getting in routines, participating and understanding in daily jobs.

I am completely amazed by my son. I underestimated him being able to adjust to school so quickly. It wasn't so much as him his self I was underestimating, but more of the holidays and weather interfering with our routines. But regardless we have come a long way in short amount of time. On his very first day he started screaming as soon as I left and he had meltdowns transitioning from the classroom to other places.

I am so incredibly thankful for his teacher and the rest of the staff at school who comes in contact with him and helps him on day to day basis! I know that the patience, love and care they have given him since the first day he has started has been a huge part in getting him so far, so fast! I could never thank these ladies enough for what they have done and still do for him! They have made this process so much easier on him and myself. I can tell a big change in him since his journey at school began and I now know I made the best decision sending him, even if it was the hardest!

Now lets just hope we keep taking a step forward and not a step back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment